Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The other M word

As I was finishing up my last post I realized that menstruation was another M word that isn't written about much. Its not exactly sexy and who really wants to write about "that time of the month"? But given that I'm a woman this is a pretty big part of my life.

I get bitchy, weepy, insecure, and needy around this time. Not to mention the bloating, not feeling particularly sexy, tired and sometimes just not being in the mood. Given that being a slave is about being in service to one's Master I would think that this is a particularly important part of being a slave. One I would think more people would write about, but I haven't seen it. Maybe I'm just missing it.

I know for me dealing with my emotional highs and lows can be very difficult and I'm sure it's trying for Master as well. I over think things, stress myself out and try hard not to let my irritation at the littlest thing spill over into my relationship with Master. I've been fairly successful at maintaining my temper, not so successful at hiding my insecurities and sullen moods.

Then of course there is the inconvenience of it all. Yeah I could probably take a pill that would eliminate it all together but something about that weirds me out. I just can't justify messing that significantly with a function my body was meant to perform. I know all the doctors say its fine and there are no long term effects but I just don't know if I believe that. So I deal with it and all its inconveniences and despite being shy about it, I will still serve Master sexually even when its that time of the month.

I always wonder how other people handle it. I'm just nosey that way. I know among my vanilla friends this isn't talked about much in mixed company. A few of my guy friends will talk about it, how they don't care, they just get towels, or how there are at least two other holes to fill so its no big deal to them, then there are those who avoid their girlfriends like the plague during that time. My straight female friends would rather eat glass than discuss this with their boyfriends, or husbands...its like the other big secret next to masturbation. Once again something normal but for some reason embarrassing to talk about. I'm not sure I understand why.

My lesbian friends are more open about it, its talked about, joked about, and not made such a big deal of. The big joke is to avoid the string when you get horny (we are a sick group sometimes what can I say). Perhaps its the difference between the sexes...guys just don't like thinking about it, don't want to talk about it with their girlfriends, girls are embarrassed or feel weird talking about it with guys and well among girls we do talk but for some reason don't share. I'm not sure why its another one of those taboo subjects but I'm trying to break the mold.

I wonder what else I'll find that people don't like to talk about.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm....hard for me to talk about this one!!!!!! Acknowledge your point though that it is rarely discussedjairzinh