Friday, December 12, 2008

Holidays

Oh the holidays a joy for everyone...bah humbug.

The streets are jammed, the parking lots full, there are too many people everywhere, I tend to overspend...then again who doesn't at this time of year...especially when you have lots of birthdays thrown into the mix. Life is just jolly and fun. There are company holiday parties to plan, attend and secret santas to join, potluck dinners, and cookies and desserts to make. It seems like December is on warp speed from day 1, its difficult to enjoy it.

I've been having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit this year....not quite sure why. Its only something like 13 days until xmas and my lights aren't hung, a tree is the furthest thing from my mind...well okay it was until about 30 seconds ago when I mentioned it, and I have no idea if I have enough presents and who I missed while out shopping and the thought of going into a store is scary, usually I enjoy shopping, now I just dread it.

There are the hard to shop for on my list...I'm sure you have those, the ones that you just don't have a clue what to get so you keep putting it off. I have a few of those on my list, the ones I am just clueless about. Gift cards, misc stuff they will hate, clothes...who knows. Thats when I usually go out on a limb and try to be creative and hope it pays off.

So why all the talk of the holidays...its just my way of saying sorry I've been so remiss in giving you something juicy to read about. The holiday craziness has left me creatively challenged, and usually away from my computer. But as I sit here and type I feel the creativity creeping back and a little holiday cheer for all may be on its way from my computer to yours. In the meantime enjoy Santa's helper, I'm sure I would if I found her under my tree on xmas morning....of course that means I have to get a tree, but what incentive!

No comments: