Saturday, November 8, 2008

Life

Life can often be challenging and recently mine has been kicking me in the butt. It seems that I just keep getting hit with one thing after another, sick (hospitalized) friends, manipulative exes that get under your skin, and more - don't worry things with Master are wonderful its the other aspects of my life that are playing havoc with me. Master suggested I "do something to clear my head of all of it". I pulled out a book by one of my favorite authors who usually helps me to see things in a new light and he started speaking to me - since I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who finds life a struggle at times I thought I would share some of my finds:

"The roller coaster is my life; life is a fast dizzying game; life is a parachute jump; its taking chances, falling over and getting up again; it's mountaineering; it's wanting to get to the very top of yourself and to feel angry and dissatisfied when you don't manage it."

"It is necessary to run risks. We only properly understand the miracle of life when we allow the unexpected to happen."

"When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change."

"The tests can become harder than one imagined. But they are necessary in order to learn. And each of them brings us closer to the realization of our dreams."

Often, during combat, the warrior of light receives blows that he was not expecting. And he realizes that during war, his enemy is bound to win some of the battles. When this happens, the warrior of light weeps bitter tears and rests in order to recover his energies a little. But he immediately resumes the battle for his dreams"

"I bear many scars, but I also carry with me moments that would not have happened if I had not dared to go beyond my limits."

"Carry in your memory, for the rest of your life, the good things that came out of your difficulties. They will serve as a proof of your abilities and will give you confidence when you are faced with other obstacles."

"Seize every opportunity that life offers you because when opportunities go they take a long time to come back."

"The secret lies in the present - if you pay attention to the present, you will be able to improve it. And if you improve the present whatever happens afterwards will be better too. Each day brings us Eternity."

- quotations from Life by Paulo Coelho

No comments: